Monday, March 3, 2014

Kayman 13 months

The last month flew by! It doesn’t help that February is a short month but our little one turned 13 months yesterday! She literally makes us smile and laugh all of the time. What she is doing/trying to say now: She says “awww” to everything, especially right after she gives someone/something a kiss. She says “mmmm” after she takes a bite/drink of something. She claps and plays peek-a-boo with her hands now. She still loves to eat:) She is such a good eater and will pretty much eat anything you put in front of her. I have started making smoothies in the mornings with almond milk and she loves eating/drinking them. Tonight she ate sauteed green and red peppers. She still has not had any meat but eats plenty of eggs and beans. She likes to drink out of a straw, especially out of my big cups. She puts the phone up to her ear and babbles. She give hugs and will lay her head on your chest when you ask her for one. She loves seeing and playing with kids. If we are out running errands and she sees a kid she always tries to reach for them and get their attention. She loves playing with her cousins. She is starting to take an interest in books. She will sit on your lap and let you read to her. She isn’t walking yet except behind her push toys. My Mom (Gma) swears she took 2 steps last night while Alan and I were at the KU/OSU game in Stillwater. Go figure we weren’t there to witness it:) Alan and I took a mini vacation 2 weeks ago to Naples. Since we returned she has slept from 7-7:15 EVERY NIGHT!!! Hallelujah!!! She was sleeping all night before we left but waking around 6 every morning. That is a little too early for this Momma:) Before bed, she will nurse, we say the Lord’s prayer and pray and rock. Some nights she will be a little restless fighting wanting to go down so I will stand up with her and the second I say “Our Father who Art in Heaven,...” She will lay her head on my chest and immediately calm down. I absolutely love our mornings together. Alan will go and get her and change her diaper. He brings her to our bed so she can nurse. She will nurse and then in the middle she will unlatch and lean over to give her Daddy an open mouth kiss (face lick:)) and say “awww” and then go straight back to nursing. The relationship she has with her Daddy melts my heart. He is just the best with her and she just adores him. I love watching their relationship evolve. Our nursing schedule on days I work is nurse first thing in the morning, pump at lunch, nurse right when I get home between 6-6:30 and pump before bed. She is taking around 5 oz while I am at work. On my days off she nurses anytime she wants;) I really love our nursing relationship and bond that we are able to share. We got rid of the bottle last week so she is using a sippy cup with the pumped milk now. I am really trying at this documenting "what our kid is doing now" stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment