Sunday, August 10, 2014

18 months old

18 months old: Here is to another attempt at doing a blog post. K literally changes by the day and I fall more in love with her by the day too. She is so much fun (and work:)) right now. New things she is saying: Points at Ave and says ‘no,’ “here you go ave” while she motions for her to come (when I figured out what she was saying I started paying attention to how often I say that...it’s a lot, fish, hot, ‘thank you’ while she signs it too, Please, amen... Have I ever said this girl can eat?! I have never seen anything like it. Her little (big) belly cracks us up. She loves fruit, salmon, noodles, rice, eggs, pancakes, smoothies, bean burritos, almond milk, coconut water, guac, veggie straws, etc. She is still gf/df and no chicken or beef yet. She is obsessed with my Mom’s brown beans and carrots. Yes...we are still strict on her diet. She loves getting adjusted. This has not always been the case. I am so grateful. I am also so grateful that I am able to adjust her to keep her nervous system healthy. I am on a mission to adjust as many kids as I can because they all need it. I was oot for work 2 weekends in a row and then I was sick last weekend so my time with her has been limited but this weekend we made up for lost time and we both needed it. We played a lot and had some much needed snuggle time. It is hard to say if she is more of a mommy’s girl or daddy’s girl, but I will say she is pretty obsessed with her Daddy these days. She adores him and the feeling is mutual. I absolutely love watching them interact. Alan is such a good Dad and makes it a point to spend time with her. She is on a pretty strict sleep schedule...what is new?:) A few weeks ago we transitioned to 1 nap. She was sleeping 13 hrs at night but her 2 naps were inconsistent and short. I contacted a sleep consultant whom I already knew and she gave us some pointers. She said she was showing all the signs to transition to 1 nap a day so that is what we did. The only downfall is bedtime is super early (5:30) so I don’t get to see her when I get home from work but like she said...it is only temporary. So yes she goes to bed around 5:30 and will sleep until 6-6:30. That is a little early for my liking but let’s be honest, anything before 9 is early to me:) Her nap will start between 11:30-Noon and she will sleep between 1.5-2 hrs. Nursing...yes she still nurses but not as much. She usually only wants it first thing in the morning when Alan brings her to me. I love our nursing relationship and plan on nursing as long as she wants to. She is wearing a size 4 diapers and 18 month clothes. She is a size 4 shoe. She loves to swim! She will jump to Alan, go under, kick her feet and let Alan toss her in the air and catch her. She isn’t a fan of being in or on a raft though. Today, we put her life jacket/floaty deal on her and she swam by herself! That was a first. Alan installed lock up high on all of the doors because she will open the door and walk outside now. YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment