Sunday, August 10, 2014

Kayman 16 months

16 months and FINALLY walking and FINALLY saying Momma! 16 months and also bites and hits. For some reason I seem to be the culprit of most of the violence:) She is a mess but hilarious at the same time. More words she is saying: Nurse, bird, peas (Please), es (yes), booby, Aw-ave every time she sees Avery, Nana, Gigi. She is still a good eater. She has times where she will be finicky and fight whatever we give her but I’m sure that is typical for her age so we just go with it. She has still not had dairy, gluten, meat or fish. She drinks coconut milk, almond milk and water. I struggle with trying to be creative on things we give her since we are trying to avoid things that are not good for her. She loves playing with her toys. One of her favorites is a teapot that makes noise when she tips it over. She will pretend to take a drink and smack her lips. She is very independent and if you sit her down in her playroom she will play well by herself. I love just watching her and seeing what she comes up with on her own. She loves purses and babies and anything she can sort. We get rocks from the backyard and she will play with those for as long as you let her. She is in The Little Gym and has so much fun. It is fun watching her interact with the other kiddos. She is always willing to give all of them open mouth kisses. Mika has taken her several times and she says the teacher always tells her how smart K is. Of course all parents think their kids are smart and we are no different:) but it is always nice when someone not biased compliments your child. A couple of weeks ago I gave her a bath. Well I must have had the temperature a little to warm and she freaked when I sat her down. Now she HATES bath time. Way to go Mom. She is also not a fan of the pool yet. I honestly can’t blame her since the water is cold but we enrolled her in swim lessons that start in a little over a week so hopefully she will do well since Lindsey is taking her. Lindsey is our new nanny...more on Mika leaving later:( Her personality develops more each day. It is so fun watching her change. I thank God everyday that he chose me to be her Mommy. She has her moments that test me. It is in those moments I see some of my personality shining through:) She likes to get her way. Period. And if she doesn’t, look out for a flying hand or a bite!:) As independent as she is she is still my little snuggler and is still my nursing queen. I have quit pumping for the most part but she still has a nursing session first thing in the am and before bed. If I am home with her she sneaks in a few more:)

No comments:

Post a Comment